I’ve always been updating this article about Shopee Affiliate Program. The reason being is that Shopee sometimes pauses their offers or affiliate program on specific countries.
- Where Can We Sign-Up First for an Affiliate Account?
- So Who is Involve Asia?
- Things to remember before joining Involve Asia’s Affiliate Program.
- How to Sign Up with Involve Asia?
- Let’s not forget How to Join the Shopee Affiliate Program under Involve Asia.
- Generate Shopee Affiliate Links using Involve Asia’s Tools?
- Things to remember as a Shopee Affiliate in Involve Asia
- In The End, this is What You Need to Expect.
In this post, I will walk you FIRST through creating a free account with Involve Asia.
Once you get your account activated, follow the steps below and get acquainted with Shopee.
You’re doing yourself a favor by signing up and getting Involve Asia’s approval. It’s like hitting a gold mine! You can even get to become an affiliate of its rival eCommerce platform, Lazada.
*If you are interested in that topic, I wrote an article with detailed instructions HERE.
If you still insist on becoming a Shopee associate for one or all of the countries I mentioned above, then let me walk you first through having an account with Involve Asia.
NOTE 1: For Singaporeans — aside from being an Advertiser in Involve Asia, Shopee SG has a separate affiliate program of its own. They call it the Shopee Ambassador Programme. Check them out HERE for more of its details.
In the vast space of the internet, there are lots of good affiliate programs to join as a marketer.
But looking for the hottest and trendy ones is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It’s challenging.
Difficult as it may seem, we opt for finding it, anyway. Let’s say that the magical needle we’re looking for is Shopee; you’d be crazy to pass up the chance.
But you might be at the wrong haystack.
We need to take a few extra steps before we get to Shopee, though.
NOTE 2: JuanNomad has no intention of tricking you. I was a victim of a clickbait post once, but this is not those types.
There are posers like the one on the photo. It’s NOT the Shopee Affiliate platform you are searching for.
BEWARE! The Securities and Exchange Commission Philippines already flagged it since November 2017. You can verify their post with this link — http://www.sec.gov.ph/ru-affiliates/
Where Can We Sign-Up First for an Affiliate Account?
Try googling the phrase “Shopee affiliate program,” did you find a direct URL link?
You will not find one. All you’ll see is just a bunch of URLs that don’t directly connect to Shopee’s site. It will somehow look like this:
Don’t get confused. Like its direct competitor, which is Lazada, you can’t find any information about its affiliate program even within its website.
As you can see from the photo, another company handles Shopee’s associates. And that is Involve Asia.
They announced the launch of the program’s availability on their platform from a blog post last March 30, 2018.
So Who is Involve Asia?
Involve Asia started in 2014. It has its main headquarters in Malaysia and has expanded its operation ever since.
Short for IA (the initials they use as they send you emails), is a company that describes itself as “a performance-based marketing entity.”
IA does a really excellent job of connecting Publishers and Advertisers under one roof. It houses many popular brands that look for affiliates to market their products, which includes both Shopee and Lazada.
There are three hundred plus advertisers inside IA and still counting.
Things to remember before joining Involve Asia’s Affiliate Program.
- You need to have a website, YouTube Channel, or at least a Facebook Page.
- Your website or channel should be within IA’s category or niches.
- Here are its available categories: Beauty, Electronics, Fashion, Finance, Food, Health and Beauty, Insurance, Shopping, Travel.
- You need to have web traffic.
- IA doesn’t tell you anything about this before or even during your application. But from my experience, if you will give them a newly set up website or channel that still don’t have traffic in it, they will turn your application down. You can always keep your account, though. But you can’t promote anything from it.
If you want to know the basics of building a personal website or blog, we have you covered. You can check it out HERE.
*Keeping these things in mind, let’s then talk about the hows.
How to Sign Up with Involve Asia?
Like any other program, joining is free.
You’ll have two options to join its platform — first as a Publisher (affiliate), second as an Advertiser (the one looking for affiliates).
- Go to IA’s sign up page.
- Remember, you, as an affiliate is under the Publisher’s category.
- You need to fill out the form completely. Under Publisher Type, choose Content if you’re a blogger or YouTuber.
- If you’re a FB or IG influencer, then obviously, you will fall in the Influencer type of publisher, and so on. I believe you can figure out the other types.
- Wait for IA’s email.
- It will send you a link to confirm your email address.
- After confirming your email address through the link, you can then log in to your newly created affiliate account. But you might not gain full access immediately, so don’t panic if you can’t log in yet. Give it at least 24 hours for its approval. You will receive an email if your registration is successful or not.
- Once your affiliate registration is successful, you are now obliged to complete your account setup.
- You have to, because you can’t use the platform entirely just yet, nor can you promote anything from it.
- Don’t leave some things blank. Fill out all the information that IA wants from you.
- From Account Information, Website/Property, to Payment Settings.
- Let’s focus our attention on the Website/Property for a second. Here, you are required to input a website or a channel. Be honest with the information that you’ll give them. Everything should fit accordingly. IA will visit these URLs that you will provide.
- After filling up everything, you need to wait for three to five business days for IA’s approval.
That’s it! Just sit back, relax, and wait for their email. It’s easy as 1-2-3!
Let’s not forget How to Join the Shopee Affiliate Program under Involve Asia.
Here’s how you’ll ask Shopee for their approval so you can start promoting their stuff.
- From your Dashboard, go to Partner. Then from the drop-down, select Advertiser Directory.
- On this page, you will notice two search bars. One is for finding the Advertisers, and the other is for Countries. By default, it will automatically fill itself depending on which country you are at when you signed up with IA.
- To widen the search, remove the country from the search bar.
- After typing “Shopee” on the first search bar, they will give you five options. These are five countries where the only places you can promote Shopee; Singapore (SG), Thailand (TH), Indonesia (ID), Vietnam (VN), Taiwan (TW), and Philippines (PH).
- After selecting which country you prefer to promote Shopee, you can now hit Apply to request them for approval.
- There will be a Request Approval pop-up after hitting Apply. Here you’ll have some questionnaires to answer. It will ask where the traffic will come from, your URL, the modes of promotions, etc. When you’re done with the questions, click Save.
After successfully submitting your request, you’ll see under the form “*Application submitted successfully.”
Then the waiting starts again! 😅
Generate Shopee Affiliate Links using Involve Asia’s Tools?
Here’s the fun part! Let’s create or generate those affiliate links!
Just another note before we continue: Keep in mind that it does not limit you to one Advertiser.
Remember when I said that you are hitting the gold mine?
Upon full approval of your IA affiliate account, you are also automatically approved as an affiliate to several companies. And with every Advertiser you are qualified to become their affiliate, the step-by-step process of creating affiliates links are the same.
*You should do all the steps from here onwards on a desktop or laptop.
- Coming from your Dashboard, go to Promotion. Then, from the Promotion’s drop-down menu, select Deeplink. Landing inside the Deeplink Generator Page, you can generate a tracking link directly to a catalog, offers, or single product pages.
- On the same page (Deeplink Generator) under Advertiser, you will see a list of advertisers that qualify you as their affiliate. From the same list (drop-down menu), look for and select the Shopee App of the country of your choice.
- Open another tab from your browser and go to the Advertiser’s site (ex. https://shopee.ph/). Look for a product catalog or any specific offers you want to sell then copy its URL from the search bar.
- After copying the URL, go back to the Deeplink Generator Page and paste it under Insert Destination URL. Then click GENERATE. The page will refresh. You see that you have successfully generated an affiliate link, both in long and short-form. IA will automatically serve you links to social media, so you have the option to share it right away. Or you can just copy and save it for later use.
Do you see how simple it is to have Involve Asia Publisher’s Account?
Things to remember as a Shopee Affiliate in Involve Asia
Every Advertiser of IA has a Payment Threshold. It means you need to earn a set minimum before IA could process that commission.
But some Advertisers have an Offer Payout Threshold (it differs from the one mentioned), and it includes Shopee (excluding Shopee TW).
It means when you reach a certain threshold, the Advertiser will pause the offer or campaign.
Processing your payment will take time. Until then, the offer will remain paused.
Although, it won’t be long until the Advertiser reactivates the offer.
Recently, I received a notification about an offer reaching its budget cap.
Certain people are not aware of these thresholds. Some would even argue that the affiliate links they’ve created ‘did not amount to anything because of budget caps.’
But it should make sense! Since the offers reached the budget cap, there will be pauses because of the Offer Payout Threshold.
For now, the affiliate links might become useless for the one who created them, but not for the majority that clicks (provided that you’re not using them on paid Ads).
Still, those links are there to HELP, both parties — e.g., you (monetarily) and the people (looking for reviews and direct links for certain products or services).
So, before promoting an offer, be sure to read the Advertisers offer description page.
Update yourself to what is happening to your offers. The best way is to get email notifications. You’ve got to opt-in to IA’s Mail Notifications.
On the top right corner of the Dashboard, click the envelope icon.
Turn the switches to green.
In The End, this is What You Need to Expect.
Getting an affiliate account with IA is simple. But getting approval as a newbie affiliate is like getting a camel through the eye of a needle. It’s not that easy.
What I think is that even though they will never ask about how much traffic you already have, they will go on their way to check your website or channel thoroughly.
IA will investigate if you can undoubtedly send traffic to their advertisers’ platforms. If you don’t have the capacity, I’m sorry to say this, but most probably, they will reject your application.
As a rookie in the affiliate marketing business, this is a hard fact. Business is still business.
But don’t be too concerned about it. What you need is more patience.
Also, Involve Asia is just one of the many affiliate marketing platforms on the internet. If you get rejections, it doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. What to worry about when you can still reapply?
If what you have for now is a Facebook page or a YouTube channel, then focus on quality content and building a following. These followers or audiences are the same people who will become your future customers.
The wheel always turns around! If you’ve become equipped with web traffic capability and still want to get involved with Shopee under Involve Asia, you are now more than qualified to do so.
You might want to to read also the Involve Asia Affiliate Marketing: 5 Simple Tools Pros Used to Promote it.
If you want to become a Lazada Affiliate, then check out the article HERE.
Here is another article on why Starting a Home Business is a must.
As we used to say here, “you can always make a path.”